Patterson Medical - Good Company, Not Great | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Patterson Medical

"Good Company, Not Great"

Pros

The company has been growing steadily and seems to be on track for future growth.

Cons

Benefits are basic - no 401k matching or anything like that. Performance bonuses are based upon target revenue, which most employees do not have much control over. Annual raises seem to be very low, even for employees with good reviews.

Advice to Management

Increase benefits and caps on performance bonuses. Focus on employee recognition and feedback - especially positive feedback.

Other Employee Reviews for Patterson Medical

"It's all about upper managements pockets"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Warrenville, IL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Warrenville, IL

I have been working at Patterson Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great way to get into medical industry. Not downtown so you can avoid some traffic if you live in the suburbs

Cons

They have changed commission multiple times and have let go of the best sales reps they have had based on statistics. Sales promotions happens due to closeness of a former manager and not on numbers. The numbers alone are not accurate because the upper management can find a closed sale and give it to the girl he is hitting on below him the other reps in his entourage.

FYI the upper management gets a bonus whe the IBITA is below a certain amount....hence the reason they keep changing commission, because they would rather stuff there pockets and not care about ours, besides management said we all were living extravagant lifestyles and living above our means, at 40k a year....

Sexual harassment complaints and legit issues have occurred and nothing happened at all besides a couple people being questioned.

Just be careful if you want to work here thinking you can make anything more than 45k. This is not a sales job it's customer service and account management

Working through lunches is sometimes required... And illegal they also stopped letting us play music unless our dials are up. Really feels like I'm a telemarketer.

Advice to Management

Stop switching accounts stop changing commission and actually stabilize your work force. I am one of the only ones left from the group that was hired with me not to long ago. It's depressing to work here

"Bottleneck"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

I worked at Patterson Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exposure to the medical supplies industry

Cons

Management needs to build better infrastructure for employees, better incentives, very cut-throat environment