PayPal - On track, still growing | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PayPal

"On track, still growing"

Current Employee - Director in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Director in San Jose, CA

Pros

PayPal is full of great people: smart, pleasant, interesting, diverse, hip, considerate. Some of the best people I've worked with in my career. Truly some of the best in Silicon Valley. It's also a fast-growing business, which presents all sorts of opportunity from a career standpoint, and which is exciting to be part of. Finally, it's a brand that is loved by many - by buyers at least ;) - I can't tell you how often people say "I love PayPal" when I tell them I work there.

Cons

Still a company in its adolescence, there are growing pains, infrastructure, training, etc. could be improved. Also, there's no stock appreciation because it's so tied to eBay.

Advice to Management

On the right track, stay focused

Other Employee Reviews for PayPal

"PayPal - an interesting place to work for."

Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Jose, CA

Pros

Interesting business domain and strong management team. PayPal still has places to go.

Cons

Poor codebase substantially reduces the company's ability to innovate and deliver on business objectives.

Advice to Management

Realize that PayPal is primarily reliant on the technology team and invest in technology's ability to deliver.

"Treat people with fairness. You laid-off some very hard working innocent people as your VP gave you wrong data"

Current Employee - Engineering Director in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering Director in San Jose, CA

Pros

to learn how to be political and loose your ethics

Cons

directors/VP's sucks....only believe in relationships but their own personal life is screwed up

Advice to Management

Don't listen to your VP's and directors...go down to Senior/Line manager for correct information for all the technology groups