PayPal - PayPal is a good place to work at | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PayPal

"PayPal is a good place to work at"

Current Employee - Engineering Director in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Engineering Director in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PayPal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growth Company - Great market potential
Focus from Senior leadership in being a technology driven and customer centric company

Cons

Culture at PayPal needs to evolve to greater technical excellence, higher productivity & customer centricity.

Advice to Management

Operationalize the strategy or vision is critical to PayPal's syccess

Other Employee Reviews for PayPal

1. "PayPal was a great friendly place to work"

Former Contractor - Data Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Former Contractor - Data Analyst in San Jose, CA

I worked at PayPal as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and easy going. Dress is pretty casual, everyone wears jeans and a polo shirt or T-shirt. The group I worked in provided me with lots of useful feedback and career advice.

Cons

The workload for everyone in the company seemed to be very heavy. Being a financial company there is alot of red tape and process to follow.

Advice to Management

I thought the management was good. Came around to talk to everyone in the department, and was easy to approach.

"Excellent opportunities to learn and innovate"

Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PayPal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Innovation. The company encourages it and if you have an idea, you can work it. This is a rare opportunity to be part of something great and make a difference at an individual level. The work-life balance is great. There are wonderful, smart and driven people to collaborate with. It brings out the best in me as I'm surrounded by top talent.

Cons

The company is at an inflection point. It's experiencing tremendous growth, but knows its competitors, who are small and nimble, are gaining ground. It knows it needs to change, but it's not quite sure how to change its own culture. We have a goal, but the roadmap on how to achieve the goal is unclear. Roles and responsibilities are unclear. Multiple teams solving the same problem in different ways without communicating. It's not crazy here, just feels like the first 30 seconds of Iron Chef. We're going to produce something amazing, if we can just find the salt.

Advice to Management

We are not a startup any longer, we need to enforce accountability, not just talk about it. I'm not saying to instill a culture of fear; but we lack a culture of discipline and accountability.