PayScale - Long time employee, still extremely satisified | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PayScale

"Long time employee, still extremely satisified"

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at PayScale full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I started at PayScale as a naive 24 year old with little-to-no related job experience, but the team recognized that I had potential (and, I hope I've realized some of what they saw). I've been continually handed more responsibility and control of our products and my destiny here. It's been a hell-of-a-ride, and I'm still looking forward to what we're working on.

Our product teams have been very lean for a long time, so we're very focused on what we're working on, and everyone on the team makes a big impact.

The culture combined with the work-life balance here is unparalleled. We work hard for 8 or 9 hours a day, then go home. We work on nights and weekends when necessary, but for the most part, that's only necessary in very extreme circumstances (site is crashing). Some of my coworkers have become some of my best friends.

Office location is amazing. Pioneer Square is totally ideal for small companies. It's the transportation hub of Seattle: buses, ferries, trains, bikes... it's really easy to get to. Some of the newest and best restaurants are popping up around us. Also, all the food of the ID/Chinatown -- so good.

Cons

We've been very lean for a long time -- so sometimes you're so busy it's hard to step back and view certain aspects from the high-level.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest more in the technology team.

Other Employee Reviews for PayScale

"Worked at PayScale for 1.5 years"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at PayScale full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PayScale has a great culture. The training is much improved. You are selling a product that is a bit of a standalone and the development is great, constantly upgrading. It can be a nice break from a very transnational sale so it is less stressful of an environment. Very good program for Sales Development, and room for them to get promoted to sales.

Cons

I would not recommend this job for a long time sales rep looking to really blossom. This is a great company for young go getters with little to no sales experience. The training is less hands on and more automated. Great training comes in time, which is something I would change. I learned some very key aspects after being there for 6 months and thought, I wish I knew that on day 3.

Advice to Management

Promote more internal communication. Since sales is about finding your rhythm, make sure you are providing the environment to get full potential out of all your reps. Several reps from other teams mentioned not getting sales training or attention when they needed it, which you may read in other posts, however, they have fixed this issue since then. I came in as an experienced rep, I knew what had made me successful with other companies, I was anxious to ramp up quickly but there was a disconnect between my learning style and the coaching style. My advice in this case would be to take advantage of the situations where outside experiences may benefit success.

"Fantastic people, great pay, and good, clear communication all around."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I have been working at PayScale full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PayScale is a casual environment with great people who help each other. As someone who didn't have a huge background in sales, my managers at PayScale have given me as much training, advice, and guidance as I've needed to be successful, provided I put in the effort on my own part.

Additionally, I had to take some time off for medical reasons and HR and my managers at PayScale could not have been more accommodating. Every employer I've had has said that they care deeply about their employees' well-being, but none has demonstrated that sentiment to the extent that PayScale has.

The best part about working at PayScale is that our product is just plain good, and it's always improving. There's an honesty and integrity about our sales process that makes me feel good about what I do. I can't say that about any of my past jobs.

Cons

It wasn't really a con for me, but expectations are high, so be prepared to work hard to make your quotas (if in sales). You will be VERY well compensated, however.

Also we need an ice maker and an espresso machine. And sometimes we run out of cups.