KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Heading in the right direction, exciting future ahead!

Nov 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people. Everyone is collaborative, respectful and a pleasure to work with. The mission. We are here to #getpayright, and every coworker or leader I talk to is passionate about that mission.

Cons

Change. If you can't adapt to change it might be difficult for you to work here. We have a new CEO, a product roadmap, many talented new hires and a clearer sense of where we are headed. So the change will lessen. But change and looking at how to constantly improve is an important part of building and growing a successful company.

4 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Getting paid with purpose

Oct 21, 2021 - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've never worked for a more supportive, down-to-earth team and for a company that puts their money where their mouth is when it comes to living up to a mission statement. From different roles and seniority levels, Payscale is actively DOING something to make pay more equitable and transparent rather than just TALKING about it. The partnerships are mutually beneficial, events useful based on what different industries and market segments are asking for, and no one would be here if he or she didn't care about equity in the workplace, from an employer AND employee perspective. I also love that Payscale is dedicated to diversity and inclusion - not only based on race and gender but also personality, culturally, politically, and philosophically. I always feel engaged, encouraged to have work/life balance, and they make goal achievement (i.e. monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets) achievable. This is NOT the company to "close to deal at all costs," and because of that, I've seen their success even in the short time I've been here. I've done many things in my career and worked in a variety of industries but Payscale has honestly been the first company to fulfill as many of my "must-haves," across the board. I've happily recommended my qualified friends and family in search of a new opportunity to apply, which I've only ever done once in my career, out of fear of what it would do to my reputation on both ends of that cycle if it weren't to work out. However, I haven't had that worry here and am looking forward to seeing a few of those recommendations start net month. I've found my home with Payscale and while no position or company is perfect, this is one where you can truly grow in a multitude of ways.

Cons

Dedicated training and sales collateral could be more uniform but with as much growth has happened over the last year, it's understandable that there are growing pains. There was also a rebrand recently so I have to cut them some slack, since I know there's an active drive for adoption in play. The software also isn't cheap but when it comes to retention and adaptation in changing markets - especially now - there's so much value in what Payscale brings. However, people are apprehensive to change and spending so it will always, on some level, not be for everyone.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Merge struggle

Dec 5, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in Quincy, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Legacy Payfactors - role was manageable, unlimited PTO, excellent client support model.

Cons

Post merge with Payscale - clients are no longer#1..their pocket books are. Not enough hiring after legacy support staff resignation. Brought teams together too quickly - not enough cross communication from leadership to managers and back to employees. Lack of knowledge and time to learn each side of the house. Not a great job bringing these two companies together.

Continue reading
    6 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about PayScale.