Paychex - Paychex - 10 years in sales and still happy | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

"Paychex - 10 years in sales and still happy"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Paychex full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been in Core Sales at Paychex for 10 years. I continue to work here due to the great products and services we offer and my ability to make a great living. Paychex also encourages a positive work/life balance which is great for a working mom. You are encouraged to develop a network of referral sources and now most of my business comes from that group of people.

Cons

It can take almost a year to get a full grasp of the products and services and the balance of prospecting, selling and calling on referral sources. Therefore, sometimes you may not see the benefits of the income until that time period. It is a very transactional sale with quite a bit of paperwork. Learning the balance can be difficult for some people.

Advice to Management

Reward employees not only for their sales but also their tenure with the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Paychex

"HR Generalist (HRG) and Account Manager (Field)"

Former Employee - HRG/Acct Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - HRG/Acct Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Paychex full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

most people they hire are wonderful human beings. Made a lot of friends there. Loved my co-workers. Loved my Boss until they layed him off. Relative freedom to "run your own franchise" in this position.

Cons

Too many changes in systems and processes, too rapidly. HRG position encompasses too much. The rules and reg's of HR, not to mention healthcare reform encroaching on it all...the responsibilities are insane. Don't forget you're responsible for total account management as well (payroll, WC, 401K, health benefits and a million oither things.) The position needs to be streamlined a bit. Human Resources management and Client Account Management USED TO BE two separate jobs. They combined them about three years ago. Huge, short-sighted mistake. I had to get out. Was sad about leaving though. I was very good at my job until my brain exploded. Very few of the people involved who had to combine the two positions and work at both were, or are, happy about it.

Advice to Management

Return to having separate Human Resources and ACcount Management personnel for the clients. My immediate Management was great. The folks at the top (Corporate) seemed to be pretty clueless though. Always sent surveys, but didnt listen and kept heaping on new responsibilities.

"Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Paychex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If given a good territory, you have the potential to make prety good money, good benefits and 401k match ... when things are going good they are going good!

Cons

usually start off as TRR which is discussed in interview, almost like a glorified telemarketer, low salary, its sales so its all about numbers! if you do great one month and decent another, your relationship with management can fluctuate...also being able to move to management is tough!