Paychex - 13 years later... a sales career at Paychex was the best decision I ever made | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

"13 years later... a sales career at Paychex was the best decision I ever made"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Paychex full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love selling for Paychex! Our management team "gets it". They provide the right leadership and tools to get the job done. Our compensation package is phenomenal and I feel like I am well rewarded for the efforts I put in. We use cutting edge technology that increases our productivity in the field. Our leadership team provide us with simple, daily expectations and turnkey programs that guarantee results. The majority of our business is earned through referral relationships which is incredibly rewarding, yet we are "new business" driven, which feeds my competitive nature for finding sales. Paychex and my co-workers have become like family - our leadership, even our VP and CEO are very approachable. I have had countless obstacles removed throughout my career to help me succeed.

Cons

The only downside to Paychex I feel is an upside - January selling season! Many businesses change how they do payroll in January, so we put in long hours through December and January to make the biggest commission checks of our careers. If you can handle the hard work, you can earn commissions in January on average $15,000 - $20,000 in one month! Well worth the sacrifices if you ask me!

Advice to Management

Our management team is doing an excellent job! My only request would be to continue to create MORE opportunities to sell. More products, more relationships, more presence. We aren't struggling in these areas at all, but there is always more to accomplish.

Other Employee Reviews for Paychex

"Thorough and pleasant!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Paychex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for - I've been here a few months but love the people I work with, the enviornment is great, and love what I do. I believe in the product and services offered and am proud of the fact that this company is rated as "Most ethical company to work for" - this is important to me on a personal and professional level.

Cons

Interview process was a longer than I expected but at the end of the day it gave time to me and to the company to make sure we are both making the right decision. For me, this is a career move so I'm glad I had the time to explore and research thoroughly before coming on board.

Advice to Management

more holidays off would be nice.

"First time in a real outside sales career, great way to start!"

Current Employee - Small Business Sales Consultant in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Small Business Sales Consultant in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Paychex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility is huge, as long as you are doing the daily activity-and SELLING, you can pretty much do what works for you. The pay is great when you MEET and EXCEED quota! Also, I think the best part is the relationships and different people you experience, night and day from my last position! Overall, great company, training and resources!!

Cons

Not for the timid or the lazy...I think a more cohesive operations/Corporate connect to the Sales side would help, but definitely not a huge issue. Overall if you work hard, you will be rewarded, intriscally and extrinsically.

Advice to Management

N/A