Paychex - I finally found my future... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

"I finally found my future..."

Current Employee - Core Sales Representative in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Core Sales Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Paychex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paychex treats each of its employees like family. I have never been more welcomed into a job. I know that people complain about outside sales jobs alot, but the job is not for everyone. If you have self motivation and drive and want unlimited earning potential, Paychex could be a great fit for you. The training was exceptional, I have worked for 2 other payroll companies and this is the first place I found that I know I want to be with for years to come.

Cons

I won't lie, it is hard work, you have to be willing to put in the time and build relationships in your community. The pay and the support make it worth it to give your all, but not everyone can hack it. It is a SALES job, but if you have an outgoing professional personality you will be given all of the tools to succeed.

Other Employee Reviews for Paychex

1. "Core Sales Consultant - Phoenix, AZ"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Paychex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom to work your business/territory in the best manner that works for you whether it be networking / relationship building or the traditional telemarketing / cold calling. As long as you are working hard, hitting your numbers, and providing a high level of service to your clients there is minimal micro-managing (however help from managers is always available when needed!). Great variety in your days and no cap on earning potential.

Cons

At times there can be a lot of paperwork and neccessary follow up for getting a sale turned in.

"Paychex amazing company! 23 years in the industry- over 10 with Paychex"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Paychex full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for the Top 2 big payroll companies- 13 years with ADP and 10 years with Paychex. Paychex exceeds ADP...Paychex is about the people! As a working mom, I am able to balance my work and personal life with my family. I almost lost my life after my 2nd child was born in 2011. I had incredible support from my manager, Senior management and the operation group. GREAT Benefits! Goal driven environment! It's all about you!

Cons

Sales is never easy...it takes time to build referral relationships...you will hit highs and lows..you just can't give up!

Advice to Management

Focus on more tenure sales reps training...continue building career path opportunites for Sales and Service...Never lose your focus on the people :) Great company to build your future!!