Paychex - Sales Consultant | Glassdoor

"Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Culver City, CA
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Culver City, CA

I have been working at Paychex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training with great growth potential. As a sales rep you will open alot of doors for yourself if you are able to achieve conference or circle achievements.

Cons

Culture from office to office vary greatly . This is Large company so I would definitely research the overall performance of the manager and staff before considering working for them. There might opportunities available in different office nearby that would better suit your goals.

Advice to Management

Great Job! I have been very fortunate in having great managers.

Other Employee Reviews for Paychex

"Poor management - company embroiled in process and bureaucracy"

Current Employee - Programmer in Webster, NY
    Current Employee - Programmer in Webster, NY

I have been working at Paychex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stable company. Decent benefits. As of recent have good access to technology, tools, and equipment.

Cons

I agree with a couple of other reviews. The software development side of the house is a mess. Development techniques are dated and produce software built for the 1980's. It's managed poorly. If you work in test you sit around idle most of the time and then for one week everything is a crisis. There are too many managers and leaders who cannot get out of the past. There are a lot of good developers and even more bad ones. It takes us 5 times as many programmers to create code that's substandard and not up to the times. Expect to either spend your time twiddling your thumbs or in a crisis being sworn and yelled at by irrational leaders who would never survive in a modern software development organization. If you want to work in IT, work in an area outside of software development and testing.
    There is so much bureaucracy and process here that it slows down everything. It's impossible to do anything without it getting embroiled in committee. When we complain about process, they even create process to eradicate process. Most of our management lives in meetings and comes out of them with little or nothing to show except more ways to inhibit real work

Advice to Management

Change out your entire development leadership team and hire folks who get things done instead of spend their valuable time in conference rooms

2. "Good place to start in sales"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Paychex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good culture if you are young and single, rewarding. Great place to learn sales. Lots of training. Nice people overall. Felt like part of the family. Got to meet lots of great business owners. Felt like you were helping people. After 2 years, the recruiters came calling.

Cons

Frat-boy like culture. Competitive. Must have great time management skills or you will be buried. Hard to focus. Hard to give customer service after the sale. Other departments outside of core payroll seemed to run better

Advice to Management

Treat the payroll production people better! Needs better customer service.