Paychex - Not that great | Glassdoor

"Not that great"

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Rochester, NY
Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Paychex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice people, free coffee, great health benefits and time off. Supervisors are great with work/life balance.

Cons

low pay for the workload. It feels like the weight of Paychex is on your shoulders and you're making money below the poverty line. products and online tools are pushed out the door when they're not even good products in the first place. Paychex Next Generation is a joke and rivals a website made in 2007.

They preach the message that we put our clients first, but it's so obvious that senior management just wants to please Wall Street.

Advice to Management

get rid of contractor developers. Hire the best pre-developers and developers and pay them handsomely. If you make a good product in the first place, you won't have to hire as many support reps (myself included). My section alone costs over $1 million a year to operate. Make better products and online services and you could easily cut 75% of that.

Take care of clients FIRST. Make better products (The Most important!!!!). You won't have to hire as many support personnel to support the inept product that was rushed out the door as the most innovative, first of its kind product. Cut the crap and make better products. That's the TRUE client service that would cure your countless ailments.

Other Employee Reviews for Paychex

1. "Pretty decent company"

I have been working at Paychex full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

All of my coworkers really care about their jobs and they are a great bunch of people to work with.

Cons

There seems to be quite the good boys club in upper management.

2. "No Support"

Former Employee - Payroll Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Payroll Sales Consultant

I worked at Paychex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great potential to make money, great experience with business to business sales.

Cons

No management support, sales reps have to do more than just sell, are expected to take on a customer service roll as part of their job. Sales reps are expected to collect all of the correct Payroll information from clients, this can lead to a waste of time going back and forth between the client and office. This duty should be passed on to the customer support team.

Advice to Management

Leave the sales to the salespeople and the payroll advice to the experts. Too much work load to be produtive