Paychex - Great Company | Glassdoor

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Paychex full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Top shelf training program! Tons of support to learn the job. Worked with some of the best and brightest people.

Cons

Territories get smaller each year and quotas get larger. A complete disconnect!

Advice to Management

Stop cutting territories! Reps work very hard at building relationships with referral sources and current clients and than have to forfeit that invested time when their territory gets cut.

Other Employee Reviews for Paychex

"Overall, a wonderful place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fair Lawn, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fair Lawn, NJ

I have been working at Paychex full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The corporate benefits are amazing: health insurance, FSA, 401(k), stocks, tuition reimbursement, training, etc. Stable company which is invaluable. My manager is also incredible... if you're at quota & show up for team meetings, you are left alone as much as you want. I've seen Paychex make some mistakes but they typically work swiftly to resolve them. Great position to have on your resume! Most importantly, I really do believe in the quality of our product.

Cons

Because we are so big and "corporate", if you need flexibility in proposing a creative solution for something, it may be hard to get done. On the branch level it's OK, but if corporate is involved the process slows down a lot.

Advice to Management

Continue the momentum that seems to be connecting you well to what our needs are at the field level. It is noticable and much appreciated. Considering base salary increases for CORE would be aweome as we really do have the hardest sale (maybe other than MMS), and it would attract more experienced, mature new hires.

2. "Horrible"

Former Contractor - Data Entry in West Henrietta, NY
    Former Contractor - Data Entry in West Henrietta, NY

I worked at Paychex as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I really can't think of any except I got paid

Cons

I was at the UP location and so many people walked around like their sh*t didn't stink. Everyone had their little "click". If you go for an interview for another dept they have what they call a "follow up interview" if they don't want to hire you they THINK they are giving you advisewwell you aren't you are talking down on us!!! My manager NEVER addressed me by my first name EVER. I once got a "pity interview" he bluntly told me he wasn't going to hire me but would give me the benefit of the doubt.

Advice to Management

You're not better than me stop thinking you are. Get your head out if your @sees!!