Paychex - I enjoyed my time at Paychex | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

"I enjoyed my time at Paychex"

Former Employee - Territory Representative in Little Rock, AR
Former Employee - Territory Representative in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Paychex full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent training, organized corporate goals, great team to work. With

Cons

High pressure environment where new sales from new customers are expected month after month, low salary, average benefits.

Other Employee Reviews for Paychex

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Paychex full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Top shelf training program! Tons of support to learn the job. Worked with some of the best and brightest people.

Cons

Territories get smaller each year and quotas get larger. A complete disconnect!

Advice to Management

Stop cutting territories! Reps work very hard at building relationships with referral sources and current clients and than have to forfeit that invested time when their territory gets cut.

"Overall, a wonderful place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fair Lawn, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fair Lawn, NJ

I have been working at Paychex full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The corporate benefits are amazing: health insurance, FSA, 401(k), stocks, tuition reimbursement, training, etc. Stable company which is invaluable. My manager is also incredible... if you're at quota & show up for team meetings, you are left alone as much as you want. I've seen Paychex make some mistakes but they typically work swiftly to resolve them. Great position to have on your resume! Most importantly, I really do believe in the quality of our product.

Cons

Because we are so big and "corporate", if you need flexibility in proposing a creative solution for something, it may be hard to get done. On the branch level it's OK, but if corporate is involved the process slows down a lot.

Advice to Management

Continue the momentum that seems to be connecting you well to what our needs are at the field level. It is noticable and much appreciated. Considering base salary increases for CORE would be aweome as we really do have the hardest sale (maybe other than MMS), and it would attract more experienced, mature new hires.