Paychex - I got paid $11 an hour but took the job in spite of that for the benefits. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

"I got paid $11 an hour but took the job in spite of that for the benefits."

I worked at Paychex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can be gone about 20% of the time if you use your PTO and are an employee in good standing. The absenteeism was quite high especially on Fridays and Mondays.

Cons

The pay was abysmal. Even if you were a college graduate you started out at $11 an hour and after a 2 week training program in Rochester you still only were raised to $12 an hour. They should pay their employees a living wage because their services are very expensive to the customers. At least that's what the customers claimed.

Also the employee turnover was quite high. Besides that they reassigned customers to different payroll specialists kind of often and the customers did not like that.

Advice to Management

Don't be cheap! This 2013 not 1984! Where is all the money you make going? To the C.E.O.? To the shareholders? Take care of your employees who actually do the hard work!

Other Employee Reviews for Paychex

"HRS Benefits Sales"

I worked at Paychex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome helping small businesses achieve financial growth and to have exposure to so many face to face clients

Cons

Inner Office Politics is horrendous. HR is about backing the management and not the employee's. I was sexually harassed by my direct report, had documented the incident via his texting until 3:30am and he was promoted 3 months later. I, unfortunately lost my job after making conference in my first year. It is a very hard job that is rewarding if you don't mind the company not staying true to the clients after you close deals and can tolerate the corporate madness of every other day sales calls that drone on and on the same schlock and fake bravado. I was duped into thinking this was mid-level sales and six figures was a no-brainer. It is actually not possible to break 100k working 80 hour weeks.

Advice to Management

Wake up. Popularity is for Jr. High. Successful sales people need mentorship, support and management that understands how to manage it's talented individuals.

2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC

I have been working at Paychex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paychex has an excellent leadership team. The corporate culture is very unique because we service small businesses, but we also have the stability of a large company. The products are on the cutting edge of technology giving clients the ability to process payroll wherever they need to. Paychex is a great place for an entry level person to start and build a long term career.

Cons

There is plenty of competition in the payroll industry, but Paychex stacks up well when it comes to our products and especially our service. The economy has also given us a few challenges, but we are positioned very well considering the strong referral base of new business.