Paychex - Exceptional Company | Glassdoor

"Exceptional Company"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Novato, CA
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Novato, CA

I have been working at Paychex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extensive interview process, and I went out in the field with another rep to shadow to see if it is something I could see myself doing. I love that this was part of the interview process, they really want to see if you can fit into the culture.
Each employee has about 30k invested them prior to even stepping foot in the field. You have a job dependent test - they want to hire for longevity, and have never had a company lay off in over 40 years.
You can make your schedule once you are done with your training. You still will love meetings twice a week at your office, but for the most part, you can flex what you need to do - especially great if you have a family. This company is very supportive and generous with supporting you personally and professionally.
Your base salary is very generous - and incentives for sales credits are HUGE! The sky is the limit with this job. There are awesome incentives to do well.
Awesome team to be part of - my Manager has made an incredible culture at our office, and encourages us to make long lasting relationships with our clients. This company gives you the world on a silver platter - you just have to get out there and perform! The CEO meets everyone at the first training - with 12k employees, pretty phenomenal that you get to meet him.
They set you up with a tablet, iphone, expense money, stipend for your car, and updated training constantly.
1/3 of the job is training, 1/3 of the job is networking for business, and 1/3 is being in the field.
if you ask me, if you get in with Paychex - you will never have a reason to leave!

Cons

You are on the road a lot and it can get lonley - but your team does communicate with you often.
There is mandatory telemarketing and cold calling, you have to be bold enough to keep your A game on! It's only for a few hours a week.

Advice to Management

Get a great District Sales Manager and positive employees - you can't go wrong!

Other Employee Reviews for Paychex

1. "Great co-workers"

I have been working at Paychex full-time

Pros

Great co-workers; work/life balance promoted and corporate wellness programs; good benefits

Cons

Below-market salaries; little opportunity to move within the company (those who get in usually stay, and no new offices)

2. "Great opportunities for growth ... if you can survive the pressure"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at Paychex full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with new technologies
    Lots of varied projects
    Great opportunities for advancement
    Some of the IT leadership is talented and forward-thinking

Cons

IT is under tremendous pressure to deliver in a fast paced environment
    Easy to get burned out; work/life balance suffers

Advice to Management

IT management needs to make some tough decisions and get rid of mid-level management who should not be in those positions