Paychex - Short but good | Glassdoor

"Short but good"

Former Employee - IT in Rochester, NY
Former Employee - IT in Rochester, NY

I worked at Paychex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to grow and job security in an area with limited IT opportunities. Many people that i had worked with had been with Paychex for 10+ years and enjoyed being employed there. Good to work with people who didn't mind going to work.

Cons

Got the feeling that your growth within the company followed a strict ladder. First job i interviewed for out of college they required to sign a two year contract with that position. Ended up landing a better position 2 years later that took the person I was replacing 4 years to reach by working up the ladder.

Advice to Management

was not there long enough to give this advice

Other Employee Reviews for Paychex

1. "Inconsistent at best"

Current Employee - Core Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Core Sales Representative

I have been working at Paychex full-time

Pros

Awesome benefits
    High earning potential for those in sales

Cons

Technology: cave man status
    Old school, East Coast, ultra conservative mentality
    Complete lack of organization, follow through, and consistently among sales team, most especially amongst remote working reps.

Advice to Management

Corporate training in New York was a waste of time. How about a district sales manager actually doing some training of his/her own out in the field?

"Overworked in a high stress environment. Lack of professional management."

Current Employee - Senior Client Service Representative in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Senior Client Service Representative in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Paychex full-time

Pros

Excellent benefits including Medical, FSA, 401k match. Bonuses twice a year. Good pay if you stay here for a long time if you can last. Raises every year.

Cons

Anonymous in California. I cannot post my real city for fear of my job.

Unprofessional work environment and management. Very high call volume, high stress environment. High client count per CSR in Major Market Services. Everyone in my group has stated they hate their job. We try to make light of our stress but its hard to stay positive, even the supervisors are burned out. You are buried with tasks and projects more and more every day. Overtime is not allowed except for year end. They will not hire enough reps to alleviate some of the stress and workloads because corporate controls how many reps per client count regardless of how large the accounts are. Training is terrible here. Once you complete the initial Web Ex and corporate basic training, you may be paired with a wonderful mentor if available or no mentor at all. Its so busy, its hard for your mentor to stop for too long to help you, in between the high volume calls and projects. I've been here a long time working really hard and I have no job satisfaction and hardly any appreciation from higher management. There is a high employee turnover rate and job dissatisfaction. You have to maintain a 95% on your survey scores or they will threaten to fire you. You are encouraged to make sure you tell your clients to give the branch an overall A on the surveys or it will go against you. If your surveys scores are B or lower, its the equivalent to a D or an F. Corporate lowered the budget for branch employee events and as a result, there will be no more year end parties.

Advice to Management

Please hire more employees to help with the workload. Its the quality not quantity that you should focus on. Treat employees better, get more involved to learn what we do. Make sure management are trained and qualified. Do not just hire from within. Sucess of your company stems from the success of your employees. Please treat us with regard and respect.