Paycom - Please read before accepting an offer from this company!!!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

"Please read before accepting an offer from this company!!!!!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay structure is pretty solid. Good incentives to permanently raise your base if you last

Cons

I'm not telling you not to accept an offer if it is presented to you, especially if you're in a pinch, but I'm telling you DO NOT burn any bridges with other companies that may want to hire you. Paycom misrepresents their training. It's not training, it's a job trial. And they will not tell you if you're not performing up to par. I've been a top performer in a few sales organizations and was told i was doing well in training, then on my 10th day, I was told I didn't know the system well enough and let go....2 weeks after my hire date. Since then i've confirmed with several reps still employed there that this kind of thing happens all the time. There is no job security here. Most management is inexperienced. I even set 10 appointments in my 2 weeks there and they still let me go. If you have a choice between sales skills and product knowledge, you pick the one that can't be taught. So, if they're the first to offer you a position, take it, but don't go into it thinking long term because they aren't thinking that about you. Stall until something else opens up then jump ship. Don't make the same mistake I did. I wish any readers of this nothing but the best in whatever they choose to do.

Advice to Management

You need to realize that Sales skills are MUCH MORE important than product knowledge. Not that product knowledge isnt important, but anyone can learn that, they just may learn at different rates. More experienced people know this.

Other Employee Reviews for Paycom

"Living the Dream"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is such an exciting time to be a part of Paycom! Not only do I whole heartedly believe that we offer the best solution for our clients, but I love being able to much such a positive impact and enhance the way that companies operate. Our product is the best, our culture is phenomenal, and I have never found a sales organization so dedicated to the success, training, and support of their sales team. I love being a part of the Paycom family.

Cons

There really aren't many cons. As long as you are a hard worker and willing to dedicate yourself to success, you can chart your own course.

"Paycom is an AWESOME place to work!!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom is an amazing, growing company that gives you all that you can ask for in a sales career!! From day one you are given all of the tools to be successful. The training program is very good and the continued knowledge that you gain in business is unmatchable. The compensation is very good as well. Great base salary for a 'sales' job and an even better commission structure. The sky is truly the limit with the ability to make well over 100K with an uncapped incentive program!! There is also a ton of recognition with annual sales trips to places such as Puerto Rico and Maui!! You can't find that in most companies these days!! The leadership is great and they believe in promoting from within!! I am so glad that I can say I am a part of the Paycom Team!!

Cons

Payroll sales is not easy and not for everyone! Just as in any job that you want to be successful in, it takes hard work and dedication. The first year is tough because there is so much to learn. It is not a job for someone that just wants to scoot by. Paycom hires the best so be prepared to learn, listen, and work hard every day!!

Advice to Management

Paycom is a great company so keep doing what you are doing!! Keep up the recognition and the compensation!! Can't wait till Maui!!!

Paycom Response

Nov 30, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback.