Paycom - Executive Sales Rep, At Paycom Since 2005 -- "Challenging, Yet Rewarding" | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

"Executive Sales Rep, At Paycom Since 2005 -- "Challenging, Yet Rewarding""

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Paycom is a really amazing, dynamic company! Since I started as a sales rep in 2005, there have been so many changes. We've grown from about 50 employees up to over 600 employees. Everything does move very fast paced, here, and we do only want people who are self-motivated, capable, and adaptable to help us all be successful! There are more opportunities at Paycom than any other company I've known. It is the most challenging yet rewarding job I have been fortunate enough to find. The job I had before this one cannot even compare.

You have to be a positive and competitive person to exceed in sales here; you have to welcome a challenge to make it at any position here at Paycom. The great part is, they do give you the tools you need to be successul! It's up to you to do it.

Our industry in general is constantly changing, and it affects every company in the U.S.A. in a big way! I'm proud to be a part of one of the largest and fastest growing business service solutions in the United States. Every company out there has a mission, and we help them accomplish that mission by streamlining the backend of their operations, keeping them in compliance, and allowing them to spend more time on more mission critical activities.

Paycom invests a lot of energy into keeping all our employees trained on the constant changes in our industry, on new legislation, new developments to our product, how to do our jobs better, and how to help our clients accomplish their goals. I can't tell you how much I've learned and grown with Paycom, and how I really consider the great people I work with family.

Cons

When I say that working at Paycom is a challenge, I'm not kidding. We want to be the best, so there's no room for dead weight. It may sound harsh, but what I mean is, we're not looking for average. We're not looking for someone who just wants a paycheck but doesn't want to work a lot for it.

You have to be willing to learn. This is not an industry where once you get through initial training, you know it all. No one knows it all, because it's always changing. Every time a new law comes out, every time current laws change, we have to be ready for it. It's a very complicated industry, and you have to be willing to change a long with it.

You're experience with Paycom is going to be governed by how you react to this enviroment. The right people are willing to work hard and are going to step up to the plate and get ready for any curve balls that may be thrown at you. If you are that type of person, you will be successful at Paycom and enjoy the rewards that follow.

Advice to Management

Keep adding the new developments! It makes it more exciting every time I can call someone and tell them about something new! I love it!

Other Employee Reviews for Paycom

"Well worth the effort"

Current Employee - Senior Sales in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Senior Sales in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Contol own destiny and control your own finiancial future. This job takes effort but if you commit to the trainings and truly believe in yourself, the product and the company you will be years ahead of your counter parts professionally and financially.

Cons

You have to be a self motivator and be able to juggle many functions all at once. Organization is a key to success and if you struggle with this then this might not be the job for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and the company through employees already on staff

"This is the hardest work you'll ever love"

Current Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

There are too many pros to list, so we will just start with these:

Opportunity to advance your career and knowledge base
    Being able to actually enjoy coming to work
    Trips to Maui, Puerto Rico, Sedona, etc
    Earnings and Compensation
    Dedicated leadership

Cons

Not for someone who wants a desk job
    Requires hard work
    Will force you to balance multiple tasks
    Must have a strong prospecting mentality
    Not a traditional 8-5 job
    Not for someone who just wants a "job"

Advice to Management

Continue your support and your staff will walk through walls for you!