Paycom - Amazing work environment!! | Glassdoor

"Amazing work environment!!"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Paycom has a phenomenal work environment. Every one within the company is determined to make Paycom the best in our industry and each employee thrives to be better than the day before. The training department offers various classes each week to help you not only grow as a professional, but as a person. There are also four dollar lunches daily that are catered in from a restaurant... How could you not love that?

Cons

It takes a while to build up sick days and vacation.

Other Employee Reviews for Paycom

"From a sales rep point of view..."

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent products offered and a fair and reasonable price. Not sure what else I can say for pros.

Cons

Paycom was a crazy place to work. I was one of 18 reps that had three managers in our region, which got trimmed to 3 sales reps. I did well there, but seeing new people working at the desk next to mine every month was getting old. I love all the other cheerleader posts that give 5 stars and say what an awesome place it is to work. They love that Paycom cool aid!

Advice to Management

Good luck

"Great product, great compensation, BOILER ROOM in sales"

Former Employee - Executive Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Executive Sales Representative

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a great product that excels in its targeted market. The compensation is very lucrative and the total compensation (salary, commission, benefits, stock options, 401k, President's Club, etc.) is hard to beat. All aspects of the sales role are highly micro-managed. This is not a job for experienced sales professionals. If you are fresh out of college or in your first 1-3 years in the workplace, this is a great company to make great earnings and learn a tremendous amount about professional B2B sales. Warning: the work environment is a pressure cooker. Even when you are over plan you will still feel burdened for not having more deals to bring in. This lends itself to very high turnover. There are very few sales reps that have been with the company more than 2-3 years. Overall, you can make a great living for 1-3 years if you can put up with the stress; not a great place for the development of a long term career.

Cons

Overall pressure cooker in sales. Reps are highly micro-managed and there is very little career trajectory for the vast majority. New reps come in and out on a regular basis.

Advice to Management

The number one reason reps stay at Paycom is the compensation; however there are many other factors to reduce turnover that aren't being explored at all. Focus on developing a better work environment so that your employees feel valued and not like just a YTD number on the leader board.