Paycom - Exciting place to be | Glassdoor

"Exciting place to be"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Account Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've only been at PAYCOM for a couple of months now, but I am highly impressed with how it compares to all the places I've worked in my 20-year career. It's exciting to be part of a company that's not just successful, but experiencing such incredible growth at an unbelievable rate. It appears the ceiling isn't even in view yet. With my oldest child not too far away from starting college, finding a job at a stable, well-positioned company was of utmost importance to me.

Co-workers are friendly and -- this is a huge plus -- slackers are not tolerated. If you don't work, you don't work here. That's refreshing coming from places where so many work so hard to do only the bare minimum.

The culture is fun, especially for a corporation of this size. I expected one far more buttoned-up and strict than it actually is.

Cons

The cons are very few, starting with vacation days. For the first year, they pale compared to most organizations. That could be improved.

Parking is an issue since the company is growing so fast. You have to get here early to get a spot still within state lines.

Still, I look at what we get out of the job -- $1 health insurance, $4 catered lunches every day, an on-site gym -- and it's too difficult to complain.

Advice to Management

Be genuine.

Other Employee Reviews for Paycom

"I smile every time I look at my paycheck."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's great to be a 'recognized' part of a rapidly growing company that has the infrastructure in place to be the best that I can be. My skills are improved, I have the support of the company and most importantly, I smile every time I look at my paycheck. I am part of a young, fast moving, energetic, & innovative business model. If you want to reach the stars, all you need to do is apply yourself. Great training, marketing support, all the resources an aspiring sales person needs to be successful.

Cons

The onsite gym is at our headquarters location in Oklahoma

Advice to Management

Make some room, I am climbing the corporate ladder!

Paycom Response

Aug 20, 2013 – Representative

Thank you for telling others about your experience. You are testament that hard work pays big dividends at Paycom.

"I tried and got fired"

Former Employee - Payroll Processor in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Payroll Processor in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company was wonderful and I tried very hard, I was there for two months and was barely under my quota. I got very stressed out because I was pushed very hard for my quota after being out of training for a month, once I reached it the quota it was moved up by 50 the next week. The tricky thing was that quota for payroll processors are set by the team leads, not upper management so they differed from team to team which I saw as a bit unfair. I was extremely stressed out because of this and loved my job so I tried very hard and was barely under quota, I talked to my team lead about this and asked if she could work with me which she assured me it would all be alright and that she knew I was working hard. The next day I was called in at the end of the day I was fired due to being to stressed out.

Cons

Getting fired for being to stressed out.

Advice to Management

If an employee is working really really hard and you hear one side of a story, before firing them. Ask for their side of the story.

Paycom Response

Jul 26, 2013 – Representative

Thank you for your feedback. Management evaluated and set a standard quota across the board for all payroll processors.