Paycom - Amazing Company | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Amazing Company"

Current Contractor - Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ
Current Contractor - Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Paycom as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, Advancement, Culture, and Growth. I have never heard of a company where people can make so much and do so much in a short period of time. Interview process is streamlined but still covers all of the bases. Normal interview process start to finish is always less than two weeks. I am an external recruiter for Paycom at Summit Executive Recruiting and we love sending people to Paycom!

Cons

None, but not a company for average performers. They will only take the best.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. As you continue to grow do everything possible to keep the outstanding culture that you have built in tact.

Other Employee Reviews for Paycom

"Great company if you can hack it"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Amazing talent, they really do recruit the most impressive sales people
    -Great pay, they are always looking for ways to increase your commission. I would get a check and have it be much higher than expected because of small bonuses they included.
    -Constant training and personal development. Every Monday we would train on a topic, every Friday there is another one for the entire company. They are constantly flying you places for corporate training and they even have 2 weeks when you first start of all day training. Trust me-They want you to know what you're doing!

Cons

Overall it's still a sales job. You are required to meet a certain number of appointments, bring in a certain quota and hit specific numbers. They pay you well for a reason. The manager I had was fantastic, she worked just as long and hard as her reps, but I've heard not all offices have someone like that. I ultimately had to leave because I couldn't stand talking to people all day about payroll, they are just miserable. If you are able to handle stress well and can get over the fact that you're selling payroll, then the money is absolutely worth it!

Advice to Management

Great job, keep up the good work. Vacation during first year could be better.

"Lack of personality"

Pros

The product itself, is the best out there
    Personal Health Insurance with company is inexpensive
    If you can get into selling payroll, you can make a lot of money with the company and there are management opportunities due to growth within company

Cons

The sales process is complex
    The product has no personality to it
    If you have a personality, you have to learn to lock it up for 10+ hours/per day
    Commissions take months to get paid out
    Cultish culture-the company will discretely present these conservative ideologies
    Barely any vacation
    Not your typical B2B job, you have to go to office beginning and end of day

Paycom Response

Dec 5, 2013 – Representative

Sorry to hear a career in sales wasn't the right fit. We appreciate your feedback and want to point out that on average commission is paid out within 45 days and we respect everyone's... More