Paycom - Rewarding!! | Glassdoor

"Rewarding!!"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for over 3 years and I have never once regretted my decision to leave my job and come to Paycom. The money is exceptional, but that is just one perk to the position. This is the first company that I have worked for that truly cared about my growth and development. In my last job, I felt that they only trained me to handle my current job responsibilities. I feel like Paycom is constantly grooming me to eventually run the company. :) We talk a lot about mental management in my office and I believe that is one of the reasons I’ve been able to work through the hard times. Not every day is perfect here, but I wake up every morning excited for the day and I love knowing that I can go as far as I want in this company.

Cons

It is a sales job. You have quotas and expectations are high. Since I started with the company I feel like Paycom continues to hire better and better executives. Competition is high so you need to realize that you might not be a superstar from day one, but I have seen some of my colleagues sell just as much in the first year as other reps in their 4th or 5th year. Working with my last company it was impossible to be in the top 5 your 1st or 2nd or even 3rd year. But here, it’s up to you!

Advice to Management

3 years ago I would have said vacation time, but in your 3rd year that is not an issue. The only thing I can think of is more team events where you can bring your family. I love hanging out with my coworkers, but I would love to be able to bring my spouse out to dinner everyonce in a while.

Other Employee Reviews for Paycom

"My experience at Paycom has been amazing thus far. My manager is very helpful and I love my team!"

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The money is great! Good culture and the people in management here seem to really care which is so rare.

Cons

I guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con... I really don't have any true cons though.

Advice to Management

The only thing is that I would say some new people need more training if they don't have any b2b experience.

"A place YOU can choose to make yourself successful"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Finally a work environment where being successful, working hard and being positive about the possibility of the future is not only accepted but fostered. It doesn't matter how long you've been here, anyone that wants to step up can step up and you will experience growth and reward for doing so.

Cons

If you don't find the idea of hunting and the thrill of the close, which will ultimately push you way beyond the comfort zone you thought you lived in, you will likely not be happy here. It's tough to embrace that and to take risks when closing down a deal BUT once you learn to do that....how fun and exhilarating the whole sales process becomes!

Advice to Management

Continue placing value in sales rep development - both professionally and personally- by sponsoring trainings and opportunities for continued learning