Paycom - Churn & Burn | Glassdoor

"Churn & Burn"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Lewisville, TX
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Lewisville, TX

Pros

Fair Commissions, Excellent benefits, definite ability to move up into management, lots of incentives like President's club trips etc.,

Cons

Young, unknowledgable management, growing pains, ridiculous amount of cold calling and burned territories, lots and lots and lots of turnover despite what they tell you in the ridiculous 5 step interview process

Advice to Management

Quit promoting people so quickly! They might be great at sales, and horrid at leadership... it only leads to their getting fired and their team getting screwed.

Other Employee Reviews for Paycom

1. "Seek a job here if you value being the best and being surrounded by the best"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you love mastering your craft and developing skills you can use in any role at Paycom or otherwise, ignore the cynical reviews and go for it! The company is not going to settle for mediocrity. If you want fluff and sunshine and weak leadership that leads you on but doesn't LEAD you, look elsewhere. You will earn what I call a "Paycom MBA." Even if you have one already, this experience is like none other. Not only will you receive job knowledge, training and skill development (unless you blatantly ignore a mountain of incredible resources right in front of you), you will work with inspiring people who will not only become your friends, but excellent mentors for your WHOLE life. Work is life. And it's a great life working at Paycom.

Cons

Not enough hours in the day to get my hands on all the projects I'm able to contribute to just by asking or simply doing.

Advice to Management

Foster an environment of gratitude. From other reviews I've read here, I think some have forgotten they're too blessed to be stressed.

Paycom Response

Apr 26, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear how much you have valued your experience at Paycom.

"You're killing me smalls....."

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I rarely read these reviews, but when I do I'm literally in shock. I have worked at Paycom for 3+ years and I have had colleagues leave the company... then they leave their next company and then their next company and then the next one. They continue to have the same complaints that they had at Paycom so.... is it Paycom or them? At no point did my manager sugarcoat how challenging this job would be. They were upfront from the very beginning and at one point I almost wondered if they were actually trying to scare me away. Well, it didn't work! I knew I had the drive, I knew I was sharp, and I knew I could succeed. Thank God I took this chance. I am in a better position financially than I have ever been in, I am proud of the work that I do and I have a deep respect for my manager. Ps. The last company I worked for also asked me to write a review and so did the restaurant I went to last night and so did the Lexus dealership that sold me my car.

Cons

No job is perfect, but the pros to Paycom vastly outweigh the cons.

Advice to Management

Don't hire people that are entitled. Save the positions for people that want to work hard and own their success.

Paycom Response

Apr 18, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and your insight!