Paycor - Dynamic, Growing Company | Glassdoor

"Dynamic, Growing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Paycor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Growing company offers a wide variety of career opportunities as they expand their client and product base. Approachable, highly talented upper management that seems invested in developing their staff. Also, they're building an impressive, modern, futuristic new building for their headquarters in Cincinnati (plans to move in 2014). Countless opportunities for community involvement, professional development, health and wellness promotion, and other activities for all staff.

Cons

With growth always comes some uncertainly. Roles and infrastructure do seem to change rapidly around here and many projects aren't seen through to full completion, which can be frustrating at times. The sales staff has relatively high turnover (although it appears on par with industry standards).

Advice to Management

Make time to sit down with your employees every week and continue to help them develop their skills (basically, keep up the good work!). And fill all the open positions at the company to take some strain off current personnel!

Other Employee Reviews for Paycor

"I wish someone would have told me this"

Pros

Product is decent and good partnerships in place.

Cons

Where to begin, micromanagement to the fullest. it seems they care more about what's in the crm system then what you are actually selling and the crm system doesn't work half the time but that is no excuse for not recording and updating activity and pipeline by the minute. Be ready to have calendar inspections, surprise ride alongs and pipeline reviews daily. Too many mandatory meetings, conference calls etc to have enough time in the field to be successful. Everyone just seems angry and controlling. Will not pay out two week notice or vacation time. Very unprofessional in my opinion. It felt like a military boot camp, not a career. I think I still have PTSD from my time there.

Advice to Management

Treat your sales reps like professionals.

"Great company, strong leadership, room to grow."

Current Employee - Major Markets Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Major Markets Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Paycor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paycor definitely provides room to grow - I have had multiple promotions in my time here. They definitely reward performers - both financially and with additional opportunities. Managers listen to you and definitely care about the individuals that work for them. Senior management is involved, interested, and engaging. Employees who do well here have a get-it-done attitude and take accountability for their day-to-day responsibilities.

Cons

It's definitely a demanding company and a demanding job. Activity standards, goals, and quotas are agressive. I still have an acceptable work-life balance, though, despite those things. Training has not historically been great, but is definitely getting better.

Advice to Management

Communicate with us more; remember that remote offices do not have the benefit of having Paycor headquarters in their city. Keep promoting the long-term vision of the company.