Paylocity - current employee | Glassdoor

"current employee"

I have been working at Paylocity full-time

Pros

Great Company to work for make the jump!

Cons

There are none right now

Other Employee Reviews for Paylocity

"Good company, respects diversity, pay lags behind."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a true team environment at Paylocity. They respect diversity in their employees. Promotion from within is standard. They have a true commitment to training and employee development. They host many employee events including free meals and snacks.

Cons

For Account Management, the pay is just too low for the amount of work, especially at year end. They recently forced Time & Attendance support on everyone for no additional pay. I would still be there save for the subsistence level wages.

Advice to Management

Many of the changes you put into place for 7/1/14 were exactly what was needed. The final step is to start paying people real salaries and bring in professionals to handle the clients. This is the final step needed to become world class.

Paylocity Response

Dec 10, 2014 – Sr. Social Media Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. We work continually to make Paylocity a better place to be and to work and to grow and we wish you the best in your career.

"Do NOT work here if you are a college graduate!"

Former Employee - National Sales Support in Arlington Heights, IL
    Former Employee - National Sales Support in Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits and "Laid Back" Culture

Cons

Where do I start? 1. Recruitment lied from day 1, promising growth and job opportunities within 12-18 months. Turns out you only qualify for an INTERVIEW and sucks to be you if your too good in your department because they will keep you there and not promote you. 2. They dangle "rewards" in your face and either take them away or punish you for actually accepting it. (ex: leaving early: if quota was met, you make it, you leave, you get to hear about how everyone who made it and still stayed are SUCH great employees) 3. Work/Life Balance SUCKS- mentally and psychically stresses you out about constantly having to make quota. 4. Changes their policies- was hired and began working 8-4:30- they decided to then change it to 5, which does not seem like that big of a deal but when under the impression of working until 4:30 it makes a big difference in the commute/traffic. OVERALL- If you are a college graduate do not even bother applying here, you ARE a telemarketer and the turnover rate is extremely high (at least 6 people have left in NSS within 3 months so far). You can find a much better job with higher pay, straightforward demands, REAL opportunity for growth and experience within your field. Trust me.

Advice to Management

Look into what your recruiters are telling potential applicants- from my own experience and others, if we would have known what the REAL conditions were like I, as well as others would have never wasted my/our time for this job position. There is a reason why your turnover rate is extremely high in the NSS Department- STOP HIRING OVER QUALIFIED PEOPLE FOR UNQUALIFIED JOBS AND PAY.

Paylocity Response

Aug 28, 2014 – Director of Sales and National Sales Support

Paylocity truly values our employees and their feedback, and work tirelessly to improve our employee experiences. It is disappointing to see such a negative response. National Sales Support is an... More