Peace Corps - Peace Corps Volunteer Review | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Peace Corps

"Peace Corps Volunteer Review"

Current Employee - U S Peace Corps Volunteer
Current Employee - U S Peace Corps Volunteer

I have been working at Peace Corps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best experience of my life. I had a great village and people to work with. The primary project I was assigned wasn't really viable when I got to my village so I had to utilize relationship building to understand needs in the community and then build secondary projects that were challenging and meaningful to the communities I worked in. It was a really great experience to understand myself, how I work, and gain a global perspective.

Cons

If you are not a self-starter or work well in ambiguous work setting you may have a hard time.

Other Employee Reviews for Peace Corps

1. "Peace Corps"

Pros

You get an individual experience, what you think of when you want to join the Peace Corps. The immersion into a local country is a fantastic, unique experience.

Cons

Depends entirely on your site placement and the management of the Peace Corps in country. Some bosses are better than others, this makes it almost impossible to compare experiences in the Peace Corps

2. "Epic experience in Niger"

Former Employee - Volunteer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Volunteer in Washington, DC

I worked at Peace Corps full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cross-cultural sharing, learning a new language, making life-long friendships, experiencing the challenges and opportunities of the developing world

Cons

Difficult transitions - both going into and coming out of Peace Corps. But these transitions in themselves are excellent learning and personal development achievements.

Advice to Management

Open Peace Corps programs in more countries. Increase visibility/ awareness of Peace Corps in the US.