Peace Corps - Peace Corps is a fantastic agency to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Peace Corps

"Peace Corps is a fantastic agency to work for."

Current Employee - Regional Recruiter
Current Employee - Regional Recruiter

I have been working at Peace Corps full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive salaries with annual raises, great mission-based work, awesome coworkers. Lots of autonomy for regional offices and opportunities to work on varying projects. Great work-life balance with flex time and telework policies.

Cons

Regional offices dont provide the upward mobility working at headquarters does. The 5 year rule is also difficult to work around and results in a phenomenal loss of institutional memory.

Advice to Management

Dont ask for your employees opinions if you've already got a plan that you're moving forward with.

Other Employee Reviews for Peace Corps

1. "Peace Corps Volunteer Review"

Current Employee - U S Peace Corps Volunteer
    Current Employee - U S Peace Corps Volunteer

I have been working at Peace Corps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best experience of my life. I had a great village and people to work with. The primary project I was assigned wasn't really viable when I got to my village so I had to utilize relationship building to understand needs in the community and then build secondary projects that were challenging and meaningful to the communities I worked in. It was a really great experience to understand myself, how I work, and gain a global perspective.

Cons

If you are not a self-starter or work well in ambiguous work setting you may have a hard time.

2. "Peace Corps"

Pros

You get an individual experience, what you think of when you want to join the Peace Corps. The immersion into a local country is a fantastic, unique experience.

Cons

Depends entirely on your site placement and the management of the Peace Corps in country. Some bosses are better than others, this makes it almost impossible to compare experiences in the Peace Corps