Peace Corps - Amazing place to work! | Glassdoor

"Amazing place to work!"

I worked at Peace Corps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most challenging but rewarding experience of my life! Peace Corps offers an amazing opportunity to give back through service and work with really great people.

Cons

Expect to be flexible! Learn how to make do with limited resources; it is a key component for success. The toughest job you’ll ever love!!

Other Employee Reviews for Peace Corps

1. "The Peace Corps was not the experience that I had imagined it would be, but it was well worth it."

Former Contractor - Peace Corps Volunteer
    Former Contractor - Peace Corps Volunteer

I worked at Peace Corps as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

If you're an independent, self-motivated person who is okay with putting yourself outside of your comfort zone, the Peace Corps may be for you. It's a great way to gain new perspective on the world, as well as to contribute to a worthy cause.

Cons

The organization as a whole is committed to making things run smoothly and quietly. That means that if you want two years of solitude, you can have it (after the initial training, that it). On the downside, if you experience trouble at your site, you're on your own. Operations vary from country to country, but I found in my experience that the PC staff were not very supportive.

2. "Hardest Job You Will Ever Love"

Pros

Your service is what you make it. You can really get involved in the community, in your work, and in friends and have a lasting impact long after you leave.

Cons

.. or, you can be sad, lonely, depressed, and miserable. It's your choice. It is what you make it.

Advice to Management

Attract new volunteers just like every other company is doing.. Make it worth their time and lives by offering them jobs after!