Peace Corps - A powerful forum for cross-cultural exchange | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Peace Corps

"A powerful forum for cross-cultural exchange"

Pros

A great way to gain regional expertise. One of the best ways to learn a useful foreign language. Good way to build a strong network of peers interested in international development, international affairs. Generally the institution attracts an open-minded, solid, a fun bunch! A wonderful way to give yourself a uniquely challenging work experiences. Forces you to grow in unexpected ways

Cons

Security issues, especially for women. You may get sent to a very unpleasant place. Expect extreme cultural shock depending on your country of choice.

Other Employee Reviews for Peace Corps

1. "Amazing place to work!"

I worked at Peace Corps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most challenging but rewarding experience of my life! Peace Corps offers an amazing opportunity to give back through service and work with really great people.

Cons

Expect to be flexible! Learn how to make do with limited resources; it is a key component for success. The toughest job you’ll ever love!!

2. "The Peace Corps was not the experience that I had imagined it would be, but it was well worth it."

Former Contractor - Peace Corps Volunteer
    Former Contractor - Peace Corps Volunteer

I worked at Peace Corps as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

If you're an independent, self-motivated person who is okay with putting yourself outside of your comfort zone, the Peace Corps may be for you. It's a great way to gain new perspective on the world, as well as to contribute to a worthy cause.

Cons

The organization as a whole is committed to making things run smoothly and quietly. That means that if you want two years of solitude, you can have it (after the initial training, that it). On the downside, if you experience trouble at your site, you're on your own. Operations vary from country to country, but I found in my experience that the PC staff were not very supportive.