Peak Resorts - anonymous | Glassdoor
  1. "anonymous"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston Heights, OH

I worked at Peak Resorts part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good communication with management. Understanding and flexible.. Fun work environment

Cons

Low pay. Bad hours. Often hire bad employees.

Advice to Management

Be more selective in hiring process.

Peak Resorts2018-01-25

Other Employee Reviews

1. "A wonderful place to work."

Cashier in Blakeslee, PA

I worked at Peak Resorts

Pros

I worked at Jack Frost, which is a separate mountain from Big Boulder, but owned by the same parent company. I loved working with all of my coworkers, and we all loved working there because management was very good. There are a lot of younger people working there who don't really appreciate the job, but most everyone across the mountain in all departments is very satisfied. They rehire most of their seasonal... employees every year with VERY low turnover, and that's saying a lot for the area. And I really enjoyed the fact that it was a day job and ONLY a day job. The mountain closed at 4pm every day, so it made planning easy. The pay was fair, I only worked for minimum wage but I was also just a cashier and it's fair for the area. My manager in particular was VERY responsive to employee needs, and this included everything from time off to scheduling to lunch breaks to pretty much anything else, even down to what specific spot you worked (i.e. main registers, tubing, ski school). Perhaps the most important thing that I LOVED about JFBB is that they will support the employee when customers start having major problems. A lot of people will try to weasel money out of the resort, and as an employee it frustrates me to no end when people try to cheat the system and, when I let them know that I can't allow it because of the rules in place, they start screaming obscenities at me. Jack Frost, while very receptive to their customers, won't let them get away with murder. It made me proud to work for them instead of feeling like the rules we set in place meant nothing when I tried to enforce them.

Cons

The transactions are rather large, and often in cash, so it's hard to keep track of everything sometimes. You have to work when it's cold, so it's not a job for someone that's not good at dealing with winter...... I think that's all I can really think of.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I mean, you guys obviously know how to run a tight ship with a happy employees, so make sure it stays that way!

Peak Resorts2011-12-01
  2. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Terrain Park Crewman

I have been working at Peak Resorts part-time

Pros

I get to spend a lot of time at a ski resort. Lift ticket, access to lockers to store my gear.

Cons

Pay is not terribly good. Most of us are working here as a second job, or seasonally.

Advice to Management

A better pathway to year-round employment would be welcome.

Peak Resorts2019-12-10

Discover more reviews about Peak Resorts.