Pearson - A solid place to work, to settle and grow roots. A little more difficult to pollinate broadly within. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

"A solid place to work, to settle and grow roots. A little more difficult to pollinate broadly within."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Pros

Team-oriented culture, work-life balance encouraged

Cons

Opportunities require travel and/or move to another location (out of state)

Advice to Management

Need for more cross-unit and cross-function opportunities. Pearson's businesses are extremely broad, and networking, leveraging and collaborating is difficult beyond one's own unit or business. What resources, processes and priorities would help facilitate more crosspollination of both ideas and people?

Other Employee Reviews for Pearson

"Good Work Goes Unrewarded"

Former Employee - Associate Editor in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Associate Editor in Boston, MA

Pros

The benefits were decent and there was a certain autonomy allowed in my work as a project manager.

Cons

Despite being a solid employee--I was given the overflow work from other PMs because I could work more efficiently than some, and I was also given the more complicated projects because I could manage them thoroughly and under tight deadlines--I was stymied whenever I attempted to discuss the possibility of moving up. AND, regardless of my good work, I received only the same 3% raise as everyone else at my level. Hard work was NOT rewarded, there was no reason for anyone to attempt to be more than mediocre. And when I left, they didn't even open a discussion of trying to get me to stay. I never felt valued, and I wasn't the only one. Turnover was high, and the best people were the first to leave when they realized they were going to get nowhere by staying.

Advice to Management

Work on rewarding and retaining your talent.

"Tough times, but don't lose the best people in the process of prudent management decisions."

Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The company culture is good, the location and virtual nature of the work is very good.

Cons

Compensation is low relative to other companies in the area.

Advice to Management

They should evaluate pay based on other companies in the geographic location. In this case, the pay is quite low relative to other companies in the Bay Area. So, people stay because they like the job and culture, but as the pay gap grows, it becomes increasingly hard to justify staying at the company. Of course, that may be impacted by the current economic environment, but a recovery will happen and jobs will open up in the not-to-distant future.