Pearson - An atmosphere of respect | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

"An atmosphere of respect"

Current Intern - Editorial Assistant
Current Intern - Editorial Assistant

I have been working at Pearson as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Pearson claims to be "One of the Most Ethical Workplaces." Walking around the building, there is an atmosphere of respect. The company provides free coffee and tea to its employees. The bathrooms and pantry areas are clean. The company is making an effort to go green with recycling bins scattered about as well as a decrease in the quantity of printed distributions. Pearson also has a lot of added benefits for full-time employees.

Cons

Some of the departments have limited and/or unorganized training materials.

Other Employee Reviews for Pearson

"Really a Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Human Resources Director
    Current Employee - Human Resources Director

I have been working at Pearson full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great worklife balance, lots of flexible work programs, people are genuinely HAPPY who work here. Great mission --- how can you not love "always learning" --- helping people improve their lives through innovation. Opportunities for international short/long term assignments. Great employee discounts. VERY collaborative environment --- real access to the most senior management. Pervasive passion about what we do! Great Jive site for internal collaboration

Cons

Severely outdated technology -- for heavens sake most of the people are on MS Windows 2003/2007. Computers outdated and overextended when due for ugrades. Unbelievable for a company who claims to be "digital". No career/HIPO development or tracking --- it's up to you! Thankfully I"m good at that. Org structures/ways of working are 20 years outdated. Willingness to address poor performers/deadwood --- we are TOO decent.

Advice to Management

At the corporate level it's time to get honest, get a third party assessment and benchmark ourselves across the board. What's brave? Understanding we are stymied with our outdated org design and miniscule rate of turnover and acting on it. Get more rigorous about performance expectations and manage to them! Figure out the talent proposition ---- everyone else is blowing us out of the water!! Quit being a culture of concurrance. Get info but then for heaven's sake, someone make the decision! Finally ...live our motto...we're always learning for our external customers but our employees fall to the wayside sigifificantly in assuring our employees are always learning. To be it, we need to live it from the inside out. We have SO much more potential!!

2. "Advancing learning Changing Lives"

Former Employee - Regional Development Manager in Noida (India)
    Former Employee - Regional Development Manager in Noida (India)

I worked at Pearson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very professional yet people centric. Very much focused towards work based learning which is its core competency. While working with Edexcel you never feel like you are at 9-5 job, it is like you are living your dream of building skills among the people you live.

Cons

Very UK based need to customise more for other regions.

Advice to Management

Hire right people for the right place at right time.