Pearson - Big company with lots of potential opportunity if you work 60-90 hours of week. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

"Big company with lots of potential opportunity if you work 60-90 hours of week."

Current Employee - Publisher's Representative in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Publisher's Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pearson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Big company with lots of potential opportunity if you work 60-90 hours of week but watch out your social life may suffer. You have the opportunity to become an editor or marketing manager in a couple of years. Great international opportunity if your with the company 6-10 years.

Cons

Pay is low. When i have asked for a raise they questioned if I really value my job. I haven't had a raise more than 2K in 5 years. They say it's because of the economy even when my sales have been increasing each year. The workaholic lifestyle is encouraged. I am required to work Monday-Sunday.

Advice to Management

They have recently laid off a lot of "senior" reps in order to get cheaper younger labor. Sad that such a big company has to stoop so low as to lay off people that have been with the company 15+ years. But i guess all of corporate America is following that trend.

Other Employee Reviews for Pearson

1. "Working at Pearson"

Current Employee - Vice President in Upper Saddle River, NJ
    Current Employee - Vice President in Upper Saddle River, NJ

I have been working at Pearson full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Company to Work For.

Cons

Non to mention at this time

Advice to Management

Allow people to take more risk

"Great if you go to lunch with your boss often"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

I worked at Pearson full-time

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits. Great co-workers, worked together to complete assigned tasks. Focused higher management, they know where they want to company to go in the future.

Cons

There are those who do and those who manage. Middle management lacks proper training and foresight. If you have a good personal relationship with your manager you are more apt to be promoted over harder working team members.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to be more mindful about who they are hiring into middle management positions.