Pearson - Awesome! | Glassdoor

"Awesome!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pearson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pearson is full of talented people who are friendly, direct, and always pushing for results. Pearson's product line is outstanding and a leader in the industry. I love working for a company that has a positive impact on the world we live in.

Cons

I hear some people say, "Well that's the way we've always done it" or they are hesitant to change. There are only a few of these people but not having an open mind, will prevent the company from growing.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing. There are checks and balances with this company that keep it and the employees in line, focused on results and driving the business.

Other Employee Reviews for Pearson

"Good company, some problems"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Pearson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, high level of autonomy in position, good company values. This is a great place for working mothers and fathers, as flex time can be arranged, management is understanding of the fact that unexpected things come up involving family.

Cons

Communication between senior management and reps is almost non-existent. Sales numbers are handled by one person and not double checked. We receive our sales performance numbers in March and only have 24 hours to dispute errors, not enough time for a thorough review of the information, especially when some reps handled more than 200 accounts.

Advice to Management

Communication about major and minor changes as they're happening cuts down on confusion.

"The world is flat at Pearson"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Pearson full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits but little chance of advancement in Production/Design.

Cons

They're flattening many departments eliminating any chance of promotion and putting middle managers on the unemployment line.

Advice to Management

Take a good look of who you are putting out of work: Some of your most loyal and hard working employees. And you're not even sure how many people you will need in your Integrated Workflow. Does this make sense until it's implemented?