Pearson - It's not about how good you work, or how long you've been there. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

"It's not about how good you work, or how long you've been there."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Pearson full-time

Pros

I loved the people I dealt with in the school districts. There were wonderful people who stood by me when I needed help finding a new position after Pearson closed out office.

Cons

I worked for Pearson for years. I thought I would retire from there. I had a good history, good connections, and did my job very well. Then they decided it was no longer profitable to hire Americans, and they could make more money outsourcing the work to India. They closed the office I worked at, and layed us all off. It was devastating, at my age, and in the 2012 economy. I'm very grateful to have found a wonderful job with another company.

Other Employee Reviews for Pearson

1. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Development Editor in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Development Editor in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pearson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment with good products and fantastic team members. Amazing benefits and a really good salary.

Cons

Management can be secretive and some managers seem to prevent reports from being promoted.

"Would definately warn people if they were offered a job between Pearson and somewhere else then go somewhere else!!!"

Current Employee - Document Processing in Lebanon, IN
    Current Employee - Document Processing in Lebanon, IN

I have been working at Pearson full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Started out as a very good Company to work for. Ok pay, nice benefit package as far as vacation time, etc.

Cons

When Customer Service was in Columbus, Ohio I felt sorry for the people there losing there jobs as they opened Customer Service in Lebanon, Indiana and those people lost their jobs. Now, the folks in Lebanon, Indiana are beginning to lose their jobs. They don't keep the "little people" informed of the bigger picture only Upper Management is really aware. Just like this deal with Pearson Education and IBM. I bet there were very few CSR's aware of everything that was starting to happen in 2002 with them.

Advice to Management

Karma....what goes around comes around. All you big wig, money grubbing Upper Management People will get yours in due time too.