Pearson - I have been satisfied working at Pearson. I work as a scorer and am now working from home. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

"I have been satisfied working at Pearson. I work as a scorer and am now working from home."

Current Employee - Scorer in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Scorer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pearson full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You work on your own schedule and are doing important work for children and in education.

Cons

You must be able to be your own boss , able to stay focused and committed to your work because you are working from home.

Advice to Management

I would advise management to make sure there are incentives to retain workers because it is very hard to stay focused with no one to talk to when there is a problem.

Other Employee Reviews for Pearson

1. "Human Resources Internship at Distribution Center"

Former Intern - Human Resources Intern At Distribution Center in Lebanon, IN
    Former Intern - Human Resources Intern At Distribution Center in Lebanon, IN

I worked at Pearson as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good salary and additional pay for excellent attendance. Good work/life balance. Never had to do any work after clocked out.

Cons

May get boring in the long run and repetitive. Lot of interaction with applicants leading to wide ranges of experiences, good and bad ones. Duties may escalate if superior leaves, duties that were not originally planned.

Advice to Management

Perhaps try to reward employees better so as to avoid such high turnover and discontent with salary. Allow interns to use facilities. Add programs to create bonds and strengthen employee morale and bonding

"Great if you normally work contract gigs and you're building your resume"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Pearson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fast paced
    - Learn alot
    - Most of the co-workers are helpful to newbies
    - Relaxed environment (compared to past gigs)

Cons

- Some of the technology could be more up-to-date
    - Could be a bit more organized as it can be daunting for newbies

Advice to Management

Othe than streamlining some of the processes, I really can't say much as I wasn't there very long