Pearson - Weak vision, others get credit for your hard work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

"Weak vision, others get credit for your hard work"

I have been working at Pearson full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance
Good benefits
Stimulating work

Cons

Leaders and managers have no vision. Innovation is always talked about, but I rarely see it.
Wrong people (managers, authors/contractors) get credit for your hard work.
Company has gotten too big and as a result too impersonal. I barely have a chance to talk to upper management because they are always too busy.

Advice to Management

Overall, I like the people I work with, and I enjoy the actual work. However, management could provide clearer information and feedback about what goals they want us to accomplish.
Give credit where credit is due, and provide more specific positive feedback on our accomplishments (not just a general "thank-you."). Since bonuses, promotions, and pay increases are a rarity in this economic environment, more frequent positive reinforcement is even more important.

Other Employee Reviews for Pearson

1. "Large, Slow-moving, But Moving"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Boston, MA

I worked at Pearson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Highly engaged and interested peers who work tirelessly despite the many challenges they encounter on a regular basis.

Cons

Very high turnover in leadership that means many efforts are abandoned, new jargon and lingo are introduced as new people want to make their mark, regular workers seem incredulous to such regular and inconsequential changes.

"Ability to have a good career, but lots of decisions that don't make sense."

I have been working at Pearson (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have had a good career which has been flexible to my interests and my family.

Cons

Salary ranges are a joke--after my third "promotion", I still make less than many reps, which is an entry-level job.

Advice to Management

Be clearer in salary ranges and ability to make more money in the company. Build salaries around skills and time with company, not on what range you were before vs where you are now.