Pearson - Just your typical, large publishing corporation: low(ish) salaries and looks-good-on-paper benefits | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

"Just your typical, large publishing corporation: low(ish) salaries and looks-good-on-paper benefits"

Current Employee - Editor in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Editor in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pearson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-- The people I've worked with have made this place tolerable. When I think about the company as a whole, I can't wait to get out. But when I think about my managers/colleagues, I'm OK with staying.
-- Gym subsidy isn't bad. You pay maybe $30/month for an otherwise-$60 (plus sign-up fees) gym membership.
-- The location of the Boston offices can't be beat. Back Bay/Copley Square has added value to the job.

Cons

-- Tuition reimbursement is a farce. The 100% reimbursement promise might sound generous, but the classes you take have to directly correlate to your current position, so forget about bettering yourself on the company dime.
-- The company is on a kick of turning all its office spaces into open layout. Sure, it encourages collaboration, but not every department requires collaboration.

Other Employee Reviews for Pearson

"Re-Organization Shows CEO is in Way Over His Head."

Current Employee - Strategy in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Strategy in New York, NY

I have been working at Pearson full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Potential. This company is at the center of change in education in North America and possibly worldwide.

Cons

Re-org could be disastrous. Process for moving huge swaths of human capital being done without a lot of understanding of what people actually do in their current work. They could be amputating a leg in the middle of a marathon.

Advice to Management

Slow down. You have tried to do too much too quickly. The CEO should gain experience in managing the whole company before turning it inside out.

"Pearson good work life balance"

Pros

Good work life balance attainable

Cons

No growth , no room for advancement , disorganized