Peebles - good palce to learn the ropes | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Peebles

"good palce to learn the ropes"

Pros

staff is mostly good, repeat customers can be fun, benefits are fair, hours are usually pretty standard for the industry for part time help

Cons

upper management, too many chiefs not enough indians scenario, expect to work well over 40 hours every week, smaller companyso opportunity room to advance, pay isnt very competitive compared with other stores

Other Employee Reviews for Peebles

1. "A very nice company to work for."

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

Pros

Great work environment. Corporate is very interested in opinions and suggestions of store managers and will often implement ideas and suggestions.

Cons

Very little opportunity for advancement beyond store manager position. Payscale is lower than other companies I have worked for. I made more as an assistant manager with another company than I did as a store manager with Peebles.

Advice to Management

Take more input from managers on product for specific regions. What sells well in the southern stores doesn't always translate to the northern stores.

2. "Good part time retail job"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

This company is very laid back. It is a fairly small, hometown-like retailer. The customer service experience is rewarding and helpful.

Cons

Compared to other jobs that I have had, the pay is quite low. Raises are quite rare. I know other larger retailers pay better.