Peet's - A job I truly love!!! | Glassdoor

"A job I truly love!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous
Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Peet's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You are selling a quality product to people who love what you have to offer. The company is really growing and there is plenty of opportunity for growth from store manager down

Cons

Once you get to store manager, moving beyond that gets difficult. There is a rule you must be a training manager of your district before you can move up. If your training manager has been doing it for years and hasn't been able to move on, you have to wait for your development until they do move on. Having to wait for someone else to develope so that I can progress has never been one of my strong suits.

Advice to Management

Find a better way to develope store managers into district managers.

Other Employee Reviews for Peet's

"Great"

Pros

The people I worked with were awesome

Cons

Not enough pay to live on if you pay rent

Advice to Management

Pay more

"A good retail job with benefits."

Former Employee - Barista
    Former Employee - Barista

I worked at Peet's (More than 5 years)

Pros

As a former Starbucks employee, I found Peet's less "corporate" (although that is changing). I thought the product was very good, and for a chain it sometimes had a very homey and personalized feel (I have worked shifts at all my area shops). The training was very good--the management at store level when I started truly believed in the product and knew a lot more about coffee and tea than what they were trained with through the company. The company offered full benefits (medical, dental, 401k, stock options, life insurance) at 20 hours a week. The schedule was fairly flexible as long as you kept in mind most of your coworkers had school schedules. Most of the customers were great where I usually worked. It was a good fast-paced yet laid-back atmosphere. I made many close friends there with both employees and customers.

Cons

I started working 35-40 hours a week which dwindled ever so gradually over six years to 20-25, which I had to keep bringing to my manager's attention. The company seems to value fewer hours and more employees. My final wage was $10.15/hr, which simply was not enough to live on, especially working so few hours.

Advice to Management

Offer more full-time opportunites to baristas.