Pei Wei Asian Diner - Fun, easy work for decent pay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pei Wei Asian Diner

"Fun, easy work for decent pay"

Current Employee - Dish in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Dish in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Pei Wei Asian Diner part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is laid-back and VERY flexible to your scheduling needs. Was asked only one question at the interview ("why do you want to work here") then gave me the opportunity to try out the job to see if I was a fit, regardless of my past experience. That's the way it should be. The work environment is only fast-paced during night shifts so oftentimes you get paid to eat free food and joke around with the employees.

They do not drug test, which is a good thing considering that they're pointless anyway since they can't accurately detect hard drugs after a couple of days, but can pick up harmless cannabis use even weeks after consumption. I don't do drugs but I applaud the company for making a wise decision by saving me time, and them money.

Overall, this is one of the most fun and easiest jobs I've ever had; I've worked a *lot* harder for a *lot* less pay. Within a few months I expect to be running the place.

Cons

My only complaint is that I was trained by a man who couldn't speak a word of English; thankfully the tasks involved are so simple that I was able to become comfortable with job in a couple of days.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, but consider reevaluating your training process.

Other Employee Reviews for Pei Wei Asian Diner

1. "Decent work environment, not too bad"

Current Employee - Cashier in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Cashier in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Pei Wei Asian Diner part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good food, god work environment, and good discount

Cons

no tips, dark lighting, and scheduling can be a hassle

Advice to Management

none

2. "Don't be an indentured servant for these folks"

Former Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Pei Wei Asian Diner full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Teamwork atmosphere, decent pay (if you actually worked your agreed hours), good food, outstanding care regarding food preparation and execution

Cons

Zero (and I mean zero) work/life balance. Senior and middle management rarely give support that is helpful to improving operations within each business unit. Policies are generally only enforced when it becomes convenient for the enforcer. Questionable labor practices.

Advice to Management

Level the playing field in regards to enforcement of policies and procedures. Learn to become more of a mentor versus the uncompromising dictator. Something will ALWAYS need improvement within any restaurant... The polar opposite way to achieve your desired results is to come in and constantly complain about how horrible everything is without providing achievable solutions. Its easy to tear something down but much more difficult BUT satisfying to build something that work per your business model. Lastly, learn to give the most important people in your building a work/life balance. Working them 60-70 hours a week compounded with the constant complaining will only lead to continued turnover.