Pei Wei Asian Diner - It's a fun fast paced environment with great people to work with. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pei Wei Asian Diner

"It's a fun fast paced environment with great people to work with."

Current Employee - Cashier in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Cashier in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Pei Wei Asian Diner part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The biggest pro has to be how flexible they are with the schedules. The pay is decent when you include the occasional tips. Last, my coworkers have been a great group of people to work with.

Cons

Dealing with upset and irate customers.

Advice to Management

Reward good and hardworking employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Pei Wei Asian Diner

"What a horrible experience!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Pei Wei Asian Diner part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not much to say, I didn't even get free food! It's not like I had the free time to eat though...

Cons

-Horrible management
    -Corporate puts a lot of pressure on the management to cut down on hours, which makes tasks impossible. I literally stayed an hour extra every night to clean up since I had no help.
    -Training was almost nonexistent.
    -Literally worked 10 hour shifts with zero breaks and no dinner. I had to sneak some food from the chef to eat.
    -A ton of work drama. The worst employee was best friends with the manager and got away with everything!

I honestly thought that this job was what all restaurant environments felt like (since it was my first restaurant job), but then after working at another restaurant I realized that this is not the truth! Restaurant jobs are tough, but the working environment at Pei Wei makes it torturous.

Advice to Management

Take a better look at the working environment. There is zero teamwork and no one has anyone's back.

"Good place to start cooking, don't expect a relaxing enviroment"

Former Employee - Key Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Key Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Pei Wei Asian Diner full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of practice on knife skills, flexible scheduling, easy to work as a second job. I also like everyone I worked with, my managers were good but I feel that they were pressed too hard.

Cons

Too much pressure from corporate, I had one GM that wouldn't let us drink water on the line because "It slows you down" he was so worried about his job I feel like it clouded his jugement

Advice to Management

Very successful company but don't forget about your employees at the bottom.