Penske Media - A lot of smoke and mirrors | Glassdoor
  1. "A lot of smoke and mirrors"

Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Penske Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

great office location, well-stocked kitchen

Cons

zero resources office layout is open concept (terrible for conference calls)

Penske Media2019-08-23
  1. "Almost 5 years and counting!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Penske Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Usually after about 2 years I am ready to leave a company. Most of the time things get stale or I am not learning new things. At PMC, after nearly 5 years, I am still here learning new things and taking on new, interesting challenges. The folks we have on our team are some of the best, brightest, and nicest I've ever had the pleasure to work with. We have great management that understand work-life balance, and knows well-treated employees stay and do great work. The talent we attract and retain is a testament to this great company.

Cons

I have no complaints at all.

Penske Media2020-02-27
  2. "Absolutely love my job and hope to stay here for a long time"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Penske Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Awesome team of hard working and well adjusted people that genuinely care about each other - Excellent leadership on our team - really trust my bosses and they are very accessible - Attention to increasing diversity on the product/engineering team, and several female engineers - Good remote culture - yearly in-person team summit in LA, and awesome Halloween party - Support for further learning, attending and speaking at conferences, and contributing to open source - Nice balance of deadline-driven development and longer term product-oriented development and improving our workflows/code-bases keeps things interesting - Broad array of technologies to work with - including adoption of new tech - Openness to new ideas from engineers, and overall ethos of improving with each new project - Fantastic project and product management - agile at a large company, but not the corporate-feeling agile you might picture. The product managers are excellent at determining requirements and interfacing with the brands. I feel very protected as an engineer. - Collaborative, supportive, humble and blameless engineering ethos - we share responsibility for our core tech, and lots of support in slack channels or one-on-one. Very talented engineers and great people to learn from. - Engineering career ladder that includes paths for individual contribution and management, and a direct manager to meet with for regular one-on-ones to track your growth and goals

Cons

- It can be difficult to get buy in for higher-level planning and research for engineering initiatives - engineering work generally happens in the context of a specific business requirement and those requirements frequently change. - Our team is growing and sometimes formal processes are lacking - especially when I started, it was challenging to know who to talk to about what. The solution is to be confident and ask questions :)

Penske Media2020-02-25

Discover more reviews about Penske Media.