Penske Media - Good Experience | Glassdoor
  1. "Good Experience"

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Penske Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast paced work environment. Enthusiastic employees.

Cons

Intense work culture, little people culture. The variety of brands makes it tough to feel part of a larger team. Little skills training or encouragement from management to advance in your field/knowledge.

Continue reading
    Penske Media2020-01-02
  1. "Fantastic Team, Fantastic Culture, Growing Company"

I have been working at Penske Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Product, Engineering, Project team is one that really cares about each other as people and helps each other grow. There is a structured career ladder, so you know what is expected of you at your current role and what you need to be doing to get to the next level. There is a never-ending supply of work to be done, which leads to tough decisions needing to be made, but the team rallies to make those decisions and support each other to ensure we are successful.

Cons

The LA office seems to be the favored son. The people in that office get +1s for the Halloween party, in-office massages, and they removed the half-day for NYE which is really hard with the NYC office being close to Times Square. Remote employee benefits are minimal.

Continue reading
    Penske Media2020-02-20
  2. "Fast Growing Company, Lots of Opportunities for Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Penske Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

PMC has an impressive portfolio of iconic/historic brands, but company is also not afraid of new endeavors and challenges. I've been working here for over 2 years, and there's never been a dull moment of doing the same thing over and over again because the CEO is always looking for new areas to grow the business. With so much growth and expansion comes new opportunities, and PMC does a good job of trusting its employees to implement the vision. I'm lucky to work with a group of very talented people that inspire me every day. The company also is very proactive in building a great culture for its employees by having great team-building retreats, holiday parties, and volunteer programs. There's also free breakfast and snacks in the well-equiped kitchen. Who can complain about that!

Cons

I think the company is growing so fast that some processes were overlooked and have not been completely implemented. They currently have no mandatory yearly review or cost of living increases. I do think Jay Penske is listening to his employees and is working hard to get a better system in place within the company. They've already added 401k matching and increased the PTO amount within the last year.

Penske Media2020-02-11

Discover more reviews about Penske Media.