Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 3 years

Opportunities for Personal and Professional Growth

Apr 15, 2021 - Director of Commerce in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I always tell people that PMC functions like a cool startup, but in all the best ways: there's a family feeling here despite being such a large company, and all of the employees are encouraged to get to know each other, no matter what brand you're with. The leaders here have always encouraged me to try out new ideas (without penalizing me if things go south) and I've felt supported in asking for more opportunities and responsibilities as I grew in my career. Penske was also one of the few media companies that actually HIRED more people during the pandemic (rather than laying off staff), which was an encouraging sign for all of us here.

Cons

We've moved in a solid direction in terms of diversity but I encourage management to continue making diverse hires so we can truly represent our readers and followers

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Entrepreneurial culture

Apr 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast moving, entrepreneurial culture. Very strong talent overall. Rapidly growing media company vs the old guard.

Cons

Some growing pains means processes not always in place. PTO benefits very light for how hard everyone works.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Smart and Exciting Company

Apr 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at PMC are what make it special. In my role I interfaced with different people from around the company each day and so I got a good idea of the people at the brands and also corporate. It's a company where the most senior people treat you with respect no matter what role your in and there's a feeling like everyone's work matters. It was also exciteing to be part of a company that is growing all the time. We would add new businesses but also HR would come out with new perks and opportunities. You could tell they were always putting effort into our benefits and also bringing in great speakers on different topics during the year. During Covid the company was amazing with zero layoffs no matter your job and regular communications really helped.

Cons

It's a busy company and not everyone enjoys that kind of pace. It's a growing company some perks were not offered that people wanted but I do feel like management and HR listened to those requests.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Penske Media.