Penske Media - Ideal for self-starters and career growth | Glassdoor

"Ideal for self-starters and career growth"

Current Employee - Technology in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Penske Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

PMC is probably the best place I've ever worked. It's one of the few places where, although the company is rapidly growing, management still have an open door policy and new ideas are readily welcomed. Success is appreciated and rewarded, and mistakes are justifiably dealt with. Ask forgiveness, not permission is a motto that I truly respect and value here, and has given me the opportunity to develop professionally and personally at a rate I haven't experienced before.

Cons

PMC isn't for everyone - you have to be a self starter and be prepared to be flexible with your role and your day to day job (at least in our area). You need to get stuck in and be really committed to the company and it's success, sometimes without the structure you'd get elsewhere.

Continue reading
    Penske Media2016-01-28
  1. "Fast Growing Company, Lots of Opportunities for Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Penske Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

PMC has an impressive portfolio of iconic/historic brands, but company is also not afraid of new endeavors and challenges. I've been working here for over 2 years, and there's never been a dull moment of doing the same thing over and over again because the CEO is always looking for new areas to grow the business. With so much growth and expansion comes new opportunities, and PMC does a good job of trusting its employees to implement the vision. I'm lucky to work with a group of very talented people that inspire me every day. The company also is very proactive in building a great culture for its employees by having great team-building retreats, holiday parties, and volunteer programs. There's also free breakfast and snacks in the well-equiped kitchen. Who can complain about that!

Cons

I think the company is growing so fast that some processes were overlooked and have not been completely implemented. They currently have no mandatory yearly review or cost of living increases. I do think Jay Penske is listening to his employees and is working hard to get a better system in place within the company. They've already added 401k matching and increased the PTO amount within the last year.

Penske Media2020-02-11
  2. "Amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Associate Product Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Penske Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Product Engineering Project department is great! A really fun and hardworking team. - PMC has fun events, snacks all day, and massages on Wednesday - A company that encourages you to learn!

Cons

Not a lot of food places/shops around the LA office.

Penske Media2020-02-06

Discover more reviews about Penske Media.