Penske Motor Group - It's All About Employee Satisifaction | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Penske Motor Group

"It's All About Employee Satisifaction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at Penske Motor Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The owner, Greg Penske, says that the most important thing is great employees satisfaction. And those aren't just words to him, his actions show that he means it. He has over 1000 employees and remembers all of their names and the personal details that they share with him. There is a good benefit package with low cost options (and even no-cost options), and a 401(k) match. Plus there's a wellness program with a Wellness Coach to keep everyone healthy and fun events like race days, bowling events and BBQ's. And the people here are awsome!

Cons

Being a retail business there are some positons that require long hours, and working a some holidays. But the pay seems to compensates for that.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Penske Motor Group Response

Sep 10, 2014 – VP of HR

Thanks for the feedback! RAB Motors (Mercedes) is the newest member of the Penske Motor Group family. We know that everyone does what it takes to provide a world class experience for our Guests ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Penske Motor Group

1. "It's all about the employee at Penske Motor Group!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in El Monte, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in El Monte, CA

I have been working at Penske Motor Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I’ve been with the company for 12 years. I quickly realized in my first couple of months that this isn’t your typical business. They had training classes and a great company culture. The average tenure is about 9-10 years so needless to say I was the newbie for a long time. Over the years I’ve been challenged and given opportunities that I would have never expected in my wildest dreams. They reward you for your hard work and promote from within. They truly value their team and give so many perks along the way. This business is all about honest and transparent business practices. The onsite gym is one of my favorite perks along with Starbucks, Subway and a full service AAA office.

Cons

It is a retail environment so depending on the job it may require long hours. I imagine it’s the same at all retail businesses. You’re open and ready when your customers are.

Advice to Management

Make sure to always keep what makes PMG special. The culture and synergy of every department.

2. "Really great people to work with."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Penske Motor Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with makes it fun. Lexus is starting to step up to the plate and be competitive with other car manufacturers, but they are still years behind.

Cons

Hard to move around the company, not much room for growth. Pay is not competitive as the Tech sector. Seems like they are afraid to give people overtime even when they deserve it. Plan to work 3-4 jobs and one get paid for one. Miscommunication is a huge problem.

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation for each employee and don't treat them like a replaceable entity.