Penske - The not so bright future of Penske Logistics in Flint, MI | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Penske

"The not so bright future of Penske Logistics in Flint, MI"

Current Employee - Driver in Flint, MI
Current Employee - Driver in Flint, MI

Pros

The best reason for working at Penske Logistics is that many people here in Flint, MI are unemployed and can't find jobs. I seem to be barely hanging onto mine.

Cons

The biggest downside of working at Penske Logistics for myself is the feeling of "no hope' and "no light at the end of the tunnel". In the eight years I have been employed I have never felt secure that the Company would enjoy longevity in the field. I have seen the Company lose 50% of its business. In a trucking company, 50% of its business means 50% of its drivers unemployed. There is no apparent desire to gain new work, and I have never seen any evidence that management has tried to gain new accounts. I feel I work for a location that is destined to shrivel and dry up to nothing.

Advice to Management

If I could ask one thing of management it would be to try to find new work and to diversify the business. Think of new and creative ways to create jobs, and keep in mind that some jobs arent meant to be "cash cows", but they pay dividends as a "foot in the door".

Other Employee Reviews for Penske

1. "Rental Representative"

Pros

Good starting salary, quick hiring process. Company provides very good training.

Cons

Not much room for growth. Starting salary for a manager is not a lot more than working at the counter.

Advice to Management

Management demands way too much out of Rental Managers and Rental Sales Representatives but they pay does not compensate for everything they do. They deserve better salary

2. "Customer Service"

I worked at Penske part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Above Average wages to start. This company highly encourages Teamwork atmosphere. Lots of training required for most positions. Very high pace enviornhment.

Cons

The amount of calls and customers on a daily basis is very high. Sometimes have to work alone and independent. Choatic atmoosphere on an average daily basis. Company expects you to move very fast, but sometimes it is impossible with all the checks and balances that are required in this type of position.

Advice to Management

Ease up on the new employees. Everyone is not a fast learner, and is able to keep up in this highly demanding field. More real life training is required. Watching video or presentations are excellent learning tools, but real life scenarios are more valuable teaching tools.