Pentaho - My Pentaho Experience | Glassdoor

"My Pentaho Experience"

I worked at Pentaho full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work Flexibility
Great Product
Great group of people
Strong community

Cons

No Stability (lay offs)
No room for growth
No open door policy (even though there are no doors in office).
Lack of communication with departments and offices.
7 years later and still considered a start-up

Advice to Management

I have to agree with both the negative and positive reviews posted. I worked for Pentaho for 5 years... Actually I was one of the first 20 employees. I had the opportunity to watch the company grow, change, and grow again. The Pentaho team is amazing and I am still very passionate about the product. Unfortunately, I was part of lay off number 3 but that's all a part of the corporate America game. I recommend re-hiring individuals who were previously laid off, stop calling a 7 year company a start up, stop hiring friends, offer employee training for growth, and actually listen to employees (especially the employees that started the company). Other than that, great product!
I wish the team the best! Go Pentaho!

Other Employee Reviews for Pentaho

"A place that has allowed me to grow and make a significant contribution."

Current Employee - Vice President Professional Services
    Current Employee - Vice President Professional Services

Pros

Pentaho is a fast-paced company in an exciting and growing industry. I have learned a tremendous amount about the industry and technology from our employees. The people are terrific. They represent some of the best talent in the industry and are very engaging and open. Management provides you with freedom to make decisions about your area of responsibility. There is no micro-management and bureaucracy is at a minimum. Pentaho has a very flexible work environment. I can work from home or in the office as long as the job gets done. And best of all - it is a fun environment.

Cons

Pentaho is a small and rapidly growing company so it can be hectic at times. Sometimes the lack of process makes the job a bit more difficult.

2. "Excellent Company with Excellent Technology"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

Pros

Pentaho has developed an excellent BI suite of products and the people are very energetic and enthusiastic. The software is "best of breed" in the Open Source BI category and I would venture to say that their applications can give Business Objects suite of software a run for their money in terms of functionality and integration. As a former BO employee, I can speak to the technological functionality. The services team is very intelligent, motivated and helpful. Benefits are top notch and the HR team is also great to work with.

Cons

On-boarding process could be more systematic.

Advice to Management

None. Keep up the great work and lets meet our goals!