Penton - A downward spiral. | Glassdoor

"A downward spiral."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Penton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Super casual environment: dogs at your desk, shorts and sandals, beer fridge, slide, lakeside patio.

Cons

Innate sense of when am I going to be next in line for layoffs. Waste of talented folks. Sales seems to be the only folks getting any attention from managers.

Advice to Management

Kieselstein seems to be a step in the right direction. I just didn't want to wait around to find out.

Penton Response

Nov 6, 2013 – Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for writing. Penton is committed to fostering an environment that allows its employees to thrive.

Other Employee Reviews for Penton

"Good for entry level"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Penton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, casual work environment, decent health benefits, some vacation & holidays.

Cons

Poorly run company, no clear path for advancement, no on-the-job learning / professional development opportunities, inadequate tools (especially technology), unprofessional senior management, generally poor communication within our group and throughout the company.

Advice to Management

Stop expanding the corporation and start improving the businesses already in-house. More importantly though, stick to your word. If you say you are going to provide professional development opportunities or strive to organize better, than you should at least make it look like you are doing those things, rather than simply giving it lip-service and dropping the subject after a few months.

Penton Response

Nov 6, 2013 – Chief Talent Officer

We have assembled a talented team of individuals to transform Penton into a strategic information and marketing solutions company. These individuals bring a vast amount of knowledge to Penton. We ... More

"It's been a bit of a wild-ride, but overall rewarding."

Current Employee - Editor in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Editor in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Penton full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Has some of the most dedicated, quality-minded employees that I've ever worked with. My co-workers are friendly, collegial--people anyone would enjoy getting to know better.

Cons

Pace can be crazy-busy; goals and expectations change rapidly (though media is in a period of reinvention, so perhaps that is to be expected).

Advice to Management

Listen more to the lower-ranking employees; they have more good ideas than you might think.