Penton - Enjoy the work and the people I work with and feel appreciated | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Penton

"Enjoy the work and the people I work with and feel appreciated"

Current Employee - Accountant
Current Employee - Accountant

I have been working at Penton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Although there is still room for improvement, good communication is a goal within departments and within the company, and everyone is encouraged to share ideas to improve the business and the work environment.

Cons

Opportunities for advancement are limited in some departments. At times lack of cooperation between offices of the company can make work more difficult than it needs to be.

Advice to Management

Increased flexibility in the work environment and the work schedule might increase both creativity and employee satisfaction.

Other Employee Reviews for Penton

"Continuous Improvement, Management is REALLY listening"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Penton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CEO is dynamic and communicative. Making the necessary enhancements with the company to drive performance while also sharpening focus on the customer.

Cons

Extensive and diverse portfolio of brands, resource allocation, timeliness of response within some shared services, cross functional communication are all areas that are being addressed.

Advice to Management

Remain positive and dedicated to improving performance - continue to drive and invest in growth brands within the portfolio, particularly digital initiatives.

2. "Tons of opportunities--if you know the right people."

Former Employee - Web Production Coordinator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Web Production Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at Penton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Penton was a great place to work right out of undergrad, because I was working with a group of people who really believed in me and wanted to help me succeed. I was given tons of opportunities to learn about new things and develop new skills.

Cons

If the right people don't like you then there are no opportunities for career advancement, regardless of your talent. Half of the people working there are amazingly smart and dedicated, and the other half are just putting in the time until they can retire.

Advice to Management

Get to know the people who work for you so that you can better utilize them.

Penton Response

Nov 6, 2013 – Chief Talent Officer

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time at Penton.

Our goal is to create an environment where everyone feels valued and can build their career.